Terms and Conditions are subject to change. Updated 20/10/2018.
- By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the online registration.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- If the participant is under 18, the parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fees.
- The duration of the Course is stated in the NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated Course Description and/or advised at time of enrolment.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full, or your deposit (for direct debit payment arrangements).
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date eLearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date eLearning access/access to materials is granted.
Course Materials, Access and Assessment
- Support Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded;
- The content of the online Support Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated. You may not reproduce any part of the online Support Course Materials without the prior written consent of NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated;
- Course materials and course content are subject to change;
- Support Course materials are provided online via our Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 or via alternative means. The eLearning site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance.
- Unit/subject codes located within our eLearning system are for internal purposes only.
- Printed materials are available for Year 1 students only.
- Independent research beyond the course materials may be required to complete the assessment;
- eLearning access may be suspended after one (1) year of inactivity; and
- Unlimited enrolment/access is provided until the date of graduation.
Direct Debit Payment Plan Policy
Direct Debit Policy
1.1 The Student agrees that the Contract becomes binding on the date that NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated accepts the Student’s completed Direct Debit Payment Plan Application (Commencement Date).
1.2 Unless terminated earlier in accordance with this Contract, the Contract will terminate on the date that is shown as the ‘Final Payment Date’ in the Direct Debit Payment Plan Application.
1.3 The period commencing on the Commencement Date and ending on the date referred to in clause 1.2 is the Term.
2.1 A deposit amount is payable to NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated by the Student on the Commencement Date as per the selected course description.
2.2 The Total Amount is reduced by the amount of the deposit.
- Payments and Fees
3.1 The Student will make payment to NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated of the Total Amount in accordance with the Direct Debit Payment Plan Application.
3.2 To facilitate payments under clause 3.1, NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated may debit the Student’s nominated bank account in accordance with Ezidebit’s Direct Debit Payment Plan Application Terms and Conditions.
3.3 Transaction fees are payable as per the Ezidebit Direct Debit Payment Plan Contract.
- Deferring a Payment
NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated may, at its sole discretion, defer payments under clause 5.1 to another date if a request is received from the Student at least 48 hours before the due date for payment.
- Altering Payment Plan
5.1 The Student may apply to NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated in writing to alter the date on which the direct debit occurs; or
5.1.2 to include additional fees in the payment plan.
5.2 NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated may, at its sole discretion, make the requested change.
5.3 Any changes made under clause 6.1 will not affect the total amount the Student would otherwise have paid over the Term.
- Cancellation of Payments
6.1 The Student may cancel the Direct Debit Bank Account Request by written notice to NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated. Cancellation of the authority to debit the Student’s account will not terminate this Contract or affect the Student’s liability to make the payments.
6.2 If the Student cancels the authority to debit the Student’s account under clause 7.1, then the Total Amount will become immediately due and payable by the Student.
- Dishonoured Payments
7.1 Where the Student’s direct debit payment is dishonoured, NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated will attempt to effect the direct debit on the 3rd following day after the missed due date or the next business day should the day full on a weekend or public holiday.
7.2 NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated will not be responsible for any fees the Student incurs from their bank due to dishonoured payments.
7.3 Where a direct debit payment is declined, course access will be suspended until the arrears are paid in full.
7.4 A maximum of three (3) declined payments will be permitted. After the third declined payment, the direct debit payment plan will be suspended and full payment of the outstanding balance will be required.
- Reporting Agencies
Upon default by the Student in regard to any obligation under this Contract and failure to remedy the default after notification by NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated, the Student authorises NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated to notify any debt collection or credit reporting agency of the default. Failure to pay any outstanding amount may result in an unpaid listing on the Student’s Credit file.
- Termination by NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated
9.1 If the Student, fails to pay when due 3 or more consecutive payments, or if NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated forms the view, based on past payment performance, that the Student will not comply with the Contract in the future, then NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated may terminate the Contract by notice in writing to the Student.
9.2 If NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated terminates the Contract in accordance with clause 9.1 then the Total Amount will become immediately due and payable by the Student.
A Student’s ‘personal information’ (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) will only be used by NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated to provide you with the services contemplated by this Contract. NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated’s Privacy Statement is to be found on its website: https://www.tereomaiohakipoihakena.com/privacy/
Where the Direct Debit Payment Plan Application was signed by a Guarantor because the Student is under the age of 18 years, the Guarantor will be jointly and severally liable with the Student for the Total Amount.
- Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated hereby excludes any liability to the Student in contract, tort, statute or in any other way for any injury, damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage), sustained by the Student or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by the Student, arising from or in connection with this Contract and any act or omission of NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated.
To the extent permitted by law, the Student indemnifies and keeps indemnified NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated for any loss and damage suffered by NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated by or as a consequence of this Contract.
Except as otherwise stated in this Contract, this Contract may only be varied by NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated giving at least 14 days notice to the Student of the changes including, if applicable, the new amount, new frequency and next debit date.
- Entire Agreement
14.1 This Contract, the Direct Debit Payment Plan Application and any agreement entered into between the Student and NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated constitute the entire agreement, understanding and arrangement (express and implied) between the Student and NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated and supersedes and cancels any contract, deed, arrangement, related condition, collateral arrangement, condition, warranty, indemnity or representation imposed, given or made by a party (or an agent of a party) prior to entering into this Contract.
- Business Day
When a direct debit payment falls on a weekend or public holiday the debit will be initiated on the next business day.
- Issuance of Certificates. Certificates will be issued upon completion of the direct debit payment plan and fees are paid in full.
- Payment Plan Availability. Payment plans are available for select programs only.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated does not provide refunds if you change your mind or choose the wrong service/product.
Should NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a monthly newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed, however we will use your initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated Code of Practice
NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your course certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable).
Students with NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated is accurate;
- Notify NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated of any difficulties or problems they may experience with NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated staff, procedures or training;
- Achieve satisfactory progress with their studies through participation and completion of in class assessments.
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. NSW Maori School of Learning Incorporated reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.